Friday, December 14, 2007

Next of Kin Inheritance Scam

Here's one where they claim you get 1/2 of $6.5 million since you bear the same name as the deceased. Interestingly enough...they never identify the name in the email. So how do they know you have the same name? They DON'T.

It's disturbing that these people use words such as trust and religious references. Let's assume they'll get their payback down the road. Subject of this supposed email scam was: Please Read Carefully!!! The only thing you learn from reading carefully is that they don't use correct English. Beware on these apparent inheritance scams.


Hello,

Compliment of the season to you and your family.Please reconfirm the
receipt of this email because this is the third time I am this email
to you. I am making this contact to you on the fact that we may be of
assistance to each other in developing a long lasting cordial business

relationship, if you put your trust in God that this will work out
for the benefit of my own family and yours. I was moved by my personal

inspiration to entrust on your sincerity to handle a business.

I am Barrister Thamos Andrew; a native of Australia. I have a client,
who bears this same last name with you, a foreigner who used to work
with Sacyr-Vallehermoso SA in Madrid, Spain.

On the 11th March, 2004, my client, his wife and their three children
were killed in the terrorist blast in Madrid , Spain. Please
visit the link to enable you understand better:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3500452.stm

Since then I have made several enquiries to your Embassy to locate any

of my client's extended relatives, this has also proved unsuccessful.

After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to trace his
relatives over the internet, to locate any member of his family but of

no avail, hence I contacted you. I have contacted you to assist me in
repatriating the money left behind by my client before they got
confiscated or declared unserviceable by the Finance House where these

huge deposits were lodged. Particularly, the Finance House where the
deceased had an account valued at about US$6.5M has issued me a notice

to provide the next-of-kin or have the account confiscated within the
next ten official working days.

Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over (11)

months now, I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin to
the deceased so that the proceeds of this account valued at US$6.5M
can be paid to you and then you and I can share the money; 50% to me
and 50% to you,

I have all necessary legal documents that can be used to back up any
claim we may make, all I require is your honest co-operation to enable

us see this transaction through. I guarantee that this will be
executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any

breach of the law.

yours Sincerely,

Barrister Thamos Andrew

No comments: